Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Family

Well first let me explain there are 2 familys in everyones life. The ones we where born into, and the ones we choose. And what I mean by choose, they are either our S.O's or our close friends. Well here it will be both starting with the born into.

Well I was born the oldest of 3 well..... to my mom any way. Dad had a son befor me but didn't actualy know him untill I was 14.  I have 2 younger sisters angie and jamie. Well about a month after the "light buld" and a few appointments focusing on my trans status I was talking to Angie and the topic of who in the family is LGBT friendly came up.... found out her and an aunt where really the only ones...ok you ask why don't I know this. Well since 2000 I spend vacation at home and the is about 2 weeks every other year. The rest I am across the country. well I end up comming out to angie then and she ofn course was real supportive and helped me with finding out how to tell the rest.  Well I drafted an email for my parents..... worst mistake I made. I didn't wait for angies responce and sent the email. Talked to my parents on the phone a few days latter and they did not like any part of it. Heck even to this day my mom wants "DNA proof" if there was such a thing. Oh and jamie found out the same day :) well jamie took it better the the parents thank god. My mom didn't want me to tell any one else so for now I have told no one else. Well not in the family.

Now for the choosen family.... that's even easer. There is my S.O Mel, my best friend/sister Kendra. They knew first. And have walked every step with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment